Languishing? Emotion of the 2020's so far, right? Get back in touch with what brings you joy and create your own 'joy project' in this uniquely happy course.
Why we love this course
Feeling a bit meh? Yep, we hear you. If ever there was a time to work out how to get a bit of joy back in your life then the (almost) aftermath of a pandemic has got to be it, right? Come on, Line of Duty has finished anyway, what else are you going to do?
Siobhan’s unique course is designed to lift your languishing self off the sofa and give you the support you need to get back in touch with what really makes you happy. And yes, we know family, friends, career [insert thing you should say makes you happy here] have a positive impact on your life, but what about YOU? The real you, the one who isn’t feeling ‘fitter, happier, more productive’ (yes, we love the 90’s Radiohead vibes here).
Finding that person again can be harder than you think and we guess that’s why Siobhan has aptly named her course ‘Joy As An Act of Resistance’. Learning how to look past the obvious to focus on what is really important is hard and requires bravery, but it’s really the only way you can leave the languishing you behind for good.
Through a blend of group coaching, discussion and focused individual activities Siobhan will help you to reconnect with yourself and make a plan to build joy back into your life.
You will be encouraged to plan your own, individual joy project. Joy projects so far have ranged from exploring ideas for a social enterprise to creating a joyful getaway space. The planning of each project is supported by two, one to one life coaching sessions which take place in weeks 4 and 6.
You’ll be offered a discounted life coaching package at the end of the course if you feel that you would like to continue this work.
Taking this course won’t mean that you want to run away from the life you have, it will make you appreciate what you have ( family, friends, career, other stuff) even more.
You should book this course if
You want to experience more joy in your life. Simple as that.
What's the format?
- 8 weeks of group and one to one coaching
- Group sessions last 90 minutes and one to one sessions last 60 minutes
The best bits
- Supportive expert advice
- Learn as a group and on a 1:1 basis
- Create a ‘Joy Project’ in your life
- Ongoing support from Siobhan and others who have taken the course
When's the next course
Siobhan is currently running a programme but she’ll be recruiting more joy seekers soon, watch this space…
Want more details? No problem, read on...
- Week 1 (90m) What is joy and what does your joy look like? A little bit of theory and a lot of self exploration on what brings you joy
- Week 2 (90m) Preparing for joy – Exploring core values and where joy is and isn’t showing up in your life
- Week 3 (90m) Planning for joy – Making joy lists and exploring possible joy projects
- Week 4 One to ones (60m)
- Week 5 (90m) Keeping momentum – Using visualisation to help bring your joy project to life
- Week 6 (90m) Joy blockers – Exploring what blocks your joy and how to overcome these blocker. This unit is moveable, dependent on when the group feel that they need it most
- Week 7 One to ones (60m)
- Week 8 (90m) Making a joy survival plan – Pulling together everything you have learned to make a survival plan to keep experiencing joy every day.
Participants who sign up to this course generally come feeling one or more of the following:
- They are not quite living the life that they want to
- Life feels overwhelming Their own needs always seem to be at the bottom of the pile
- The state of the world is challenging their ability to stay positive
- They’ve considered ‘self help’ before but it felt a bit too fluffy or self-indulgent and they weren’t sure if it was for them
What people say about this course
Already taken this course?
Tell us what you thought: firstname.lastname@example.org